Down Under Aquatic Imaging is bringing Gates STO to Sydney!
Join Pete Lightowler, owner of DUAI and John Ellerbrock, owner of Gates Underwater Products for the first ever Gates Setup, Test and Operate (STO) course to be held in Australia.
Becoming a successful underwater professional requires several distinct skill sets including SCUBA Diving competence, underwater imaging experience, and underwater equipment familiarity. Gates STO Training focuses on the later, providing a curriculum of knowledge on the Setup, Test and Operation (STO) of Gates professional underwater imaging systems.
The course goals are:
- Proficiency in the setup of Gates underwater cinema housings;
- Familiarity with on-location test tools and techniques for establishing housing seal integrity;
- Basic operation of Gates underwater housings;
- Camera specific considerations for the underwater medium: color, light, filtration and more.
- Tips / tricks to assist the underwater cameraman / DP; and
- Practical understanding of underwater optics: Port types, optical materials, selection and application
The Gates STO Training Certification sends the student forth as a Gates Ambassador with a resume skill to help secure work on TV / Cinema / Natural History productions, which of course benefit by avoiding downtime due to untrained equipment operators.
This two day course is being held on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th of July 2017.
Day one consists of theory and a hands on session of setting up and pulling down several Gates cinema housings and is being held at the Australian Cinematographers Society Headquarters in North Sydney.
Day two is a practical in water day, putting the theory to work. This day will be held in a confined pool and will allow students ample time to master the skills required to become confident in the use of Gates Underwater Housings and techniques to improve their shooting skills.
Email email@example.com or phone 0450828446 to book your spot. Price $495